How Local Businesses Can Help SHRAEach season, many local resorts hire a group of international employees who come to Lake Tahoe on J-1 visas. They are usually new to the area and are really excited to be spending their summer vacation in our town, experiencing our culture and our lifestyle.
These employees bring certain flair to our resorts and our community and offer a new perspective to many of our American employees. Lifelong friendships are made during their winter stays and, oftentimes, our American employees end up spending their summers in the southern hemisphere with their new friends.
We have created an “international orientation” to welcome these international employees to our community. We would love for you to be a part of this orientation, either in person or by donating towards the expense of this event.
These international employees are looking for resources they can tap into while they are here. Questions we hope to answer for the international employees include:
- Where should they go food shopping?
- How do they get around without a car?
- What if there is a bad accident and they need medical attention?
- Where is the good shopping in town?
- What is there to do for fun besides the ski resorts?
- Where should they go out to eat? Drink? Party? Late Night?
- Where can they buy gifts for friends and family back home?
- Where can they buy costumes for the many theme parties we host during the winter?
- Where can they buy ski/snowboard gear at a discount?
If your business is willing to make a donate for these valuable events, please go to our online store on this website and click on the DONATION button.
Thank you as always for your support!